If you’re due to remove your SNS nails or ready for a new set -- here’s the best way to remove dip powder nails at home without damaging your natural nails. The great thing about this method of removing dip powder is that it requires mostly items you’ll already have around your house!
What You'll Need
Step by Step Guide
- Start with a bowl of hot water. Place the second glass bowl in the bowl of hot water without having the water overflow.
- Place some cotton wool in the bowl. You could fold a paper towel instead, but this can get a bit messy.
- Pour in enough acetone to soak the cotton wool or paper towel and your nails on both hands.
- Buff off the top coat of your nails so that the acetone is able penetrate through the dip powder.
- Put your hands into the bowl and let them soak against the cotton wool or paper towel for 1 minute. The hot water keeps the acetone warm, helping it break down SNS dip powder faster.
- After that, rub your nails against the cotton wool or paper towel. Keep this up for 2-5 minutes. You should see the colour coming off!
- Take your nails out of the bowl to check their progress. Use the cotton wool or paper towel to glide dip powder off the nails. If SNS dip powders were used with SNS dip liquids, your SNS nails should come off with ease!
- Continue to soak and rub your nails in the acetone if dip powder remains. Any tiny bits can be buffed off easily.
This method is the best way to remove SNS dip powders and is used in salons too! You can remove SNS Gel with this method too and it’ll work.
After removing your SNS manicure, your nails should feel nice and healthy.
How to Maintain SNS Nails and Healthy Nails
Use SNS Vitamin Oil on manicured or natural nails to give them that fresh and hydrated look and feel.
SNS Vitamin Oil is enriched with botanical oils and vitamins A, E, B5, D3, and calcium. The emollient formula makes for the perfect pick-me-up your nails didn’t know they needed. And it's small enough to keep in your purse for moisture on the go.
SNS Vitamin Oil also comes in a 56g Refill bottle size so you can refill your Vitamin Oil glass bottles. You can never get enough cuticle oil, can you?